Thursday, July 29, 2010

The HCG diet

When I had Molly almost three years ago, I had gained 20lbs during the pregnancy. After she was born the weight began dropping off with very little effort. I lost 40lbs by the time she was 6 months old. I was looking pretty darn good.
Then I had an episode of depression and was put into a mental hospital for a week. The medication I was put on caused me to gain weight. I was on it for a month and gained 20lbs. I tried dieting, I tried working out almost everyday, I tried everything I knew how to do and nothing worked.
Fast forward a year and I'm still holding on to those 20lbs. Then my Mom died. The depression sent me searching for food. Bread, cake, brownies, cookies etc. And I gained another 10lbs. Ugh!
So, now I'm 50lbs overweight and actually considered obese. I can't wear my regular jeans anymore and feel like garbage. The depression obviously hasn't gotten any better due to the exrta weight and the way it makes me feel about myself. I'm still pretty fit, but the weight just wont go!
I had been researching diets plans and such for a while and finally decided to take the plunge. I ordered the HCG drops a few weeks ago and did the preperations necessary to follow the plan.
I started the drops, 6 drops, 6 times a day, on July 26th. The first 2 days you are supposed to eat anything and everything and basically stuff yourself. It sounds weird I know but by the end of the second day I was so sick of food I didn't care that I wasn't going to be able to eat much of it in the next month.
On day 3 I began the super low calorie diet. 500 calories a day using only the approved foods. So basically I'm eating chicken, a few veggies and apples. The first day of this low cal stuff wasn't too bad. I had a few moments of craving sugar, and felt pretty hungry by bed time but not too bad.
To explain a little more about the HCG it is the hormone produced by pregnant women that helps sustain a pregnancy. It allows the body to used stored fat for nourishment and energy if the mom isn't eating the right things for the baby. So that's what it's doing for me. It's telling my body to use that stored fat instead of what I'm eating.
I will only be on the drops for 30 days, maybe a little more. And should lose at least 20lbs

No comments: